Year 2 - Mr Crook 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 2
Our Class Teacher is Mr Crook and our Teaching Assistant is Miss Geraghty. Our Curriculum Overview and Termly Topic Webs can be found in the files section towards the bottom of this page.
If you would like to share any of your child's fantastic achievements with us, or you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via email:
Bob the Man on the Moon - English
Ovi, the friendly alien, crashed into our school field this term. She's been visiting our classroom and answering lots of questions from the children. The children gave Ovi a tour of the school and introduced her to the other classes, she even helped give the dinners out at dinner time.
We have been reading "Bob, the Man on the Moon" in English. Whilst he was visiting Preston, he dropped in to se us in Barton. The children asked him lots of questions about his job, his dog Barry and we even told him about Ovi the alien.
Please click on the link below to view our 'Meet the Teacher' presentation.
/uploads/581/files/Presentation Beech Class - Autumn 2021.ppsm
If you have any issues or need to contact me, please do not hesitate to do so via my school email address :
Our Class Teacher is Mr Crook and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Smith
Remote education at St Lawrence CE Primary School
- Every member of staff is still working full time in school.
- Teachers and teaching assistants will be available throughout the day to answer any queries you or your child has about the work that has been set.
- There is no difference between the work set in school and the work that is completed by pupils at home.
- Literacy and Numeracy lessons taught in each class are shared via Zoom so that every child has contact with their teacher on a daily basis. Children joining by Zoom will be expected to join in with the learning in class.
- Lessons will be shared via the class pages on the website and / or class dojo.
- Children at home and in school will be set a personal project to work on alongside the formal teaching. This could be a history, science, art or DT project. Additional work will be set for other subjects.
- Pupils will be encouraged to take part in PE activities from home.
In all subject areas, standards of teaching and learning will remain at the usual high standard. Pupils will be expected to submit work and teachers will mark and return it. Everyone at home and in school has worked incredibly hard throughout the Autumn Term to plug gaps in learning; pupils were making excellent progress. We do not want to let that slip!
Files to Download
Year 2 - Mr Crook: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2 - Mr Crook: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2 - Mr Crook: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 2 - Mr Crook: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display