Year 2 - Mr Crook 2021 - 2022
Please click on the link below to view our 'Meet the Teacher' presentation.
In P.E. we have been learning how to play rugby.
In Music, we have been using the glockenspiels to compose our own tunes.
In our work on China, we all made Chinese New Year masks.
In multi-cultural week, we worked together to create an amzing Rangoli pattern.
For our R.E. unit on the Church, we visited St. Lawrence Church where Susan showed us around and explained many of the key features.
In our Science and D.T. work, children have been learning about healthy foods and the importance of a balanced diet. Children designed a three-course meal for their families and made it themselves. Take a look at some of the photos.
Take a look at some of the fantastic descriptive writing we have been doing on Wind in the Willows.
In Art, we have been using clay to make models, making sure the arms and legs are in proportion.
In Maths, we have been learning about mass and using the measuring balances to find how heavy objects are.
In Science we have been investigating how exercise makes our bodies feel.
During Science week, we explored how buildings are constructed using biscuits! They all look delicious!!
Take a look at our fantastic artwork.
In English, we have been making presentations for our work on information texts.
If you have any issues or need to contact me, please do not hesitate to do so via my school email address :
Our Class Teacher is Mr Crook and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Smith
Remote education at St Lawrence CE Primary School
- Every member of staff is still working full time in school.
- Teachers and teaching assistants will be available throughout the day to answer any queries you or your child has about the work that has been set.
- There is no difference between the work set in school and the work that is completed by pupils at home.
- Literacy and Numeracy lessons taught in each class are shared via Zoom so that every child has contact with their teacher on a daily basis. Children joining by Zoom will be expected to join in with the learning in class.
- Lessons will be shared via the class pages on the website and / or class dojo.
- Children at home and in school will be set a personal project to work on alongside the formal teaching. This could be a history, science, art or DT project. Additional work will be set for other subjects.
- Pupils will be encouraged to take part in PE activities from home.
In all subject areas, standards of teaching and learning will remain at the usual high standard. Pupils will be expected to submit work and teachers will mark and return it. Everyone at home and in school has worked incredibly hard throughout the Autumn Term to plug gaps in learning; pupils were making excellent progress. We do not want to let that slip!
Files to Download
Year 2 - Mr Crook: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2 - Mr Crook: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2 - Mr Crook: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 2 - Mr Crook: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display