Year 5 - Mr Davis 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 5 Hello there!. Our Class Teacher is Mr Davis and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Wilkinson.
If you would like to share any of your child's fantastic achievements with us, or you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via email
Here are some links you may find useful in Year 5:
Food Glorious Food
Our new topic will have us learning all about the food that we eat. We will be looking at where our food comes from, and whether it has been locally sourced or whether there are some food miles attached to what we eat. We will be leanring all about changes in Science, and learning that the foods we eat sometimes go through changes that are reversible or irreversible. In D and T, we will even be making some food of our very own! Have a look at some of our work below.
Here is our class blog for our topic. By the end of the topic, children will have completed a research project about a chosen food and applied all of their Geography skills to show what they know!
A Kingdom United
We are currently learning all about the United Kingdom. We have been learning about the Anglo Saxon settlers, exploring what brought them over to the UK and what life was like for them. We will then move on to look at parts of the UK today in more detail.
This has also linked into our literacy work, where we are hard at work writing our own British legend, inspired by the story of Beowulf. Have a look at some of the things we have been up to below.
We are currently looking at concept maps in computing. Have a look at some of our examples below.
Remote education at St Lawrence CE Primary School
- Every member of staff is still working full time in school.
- Teachers and teaching assistants will be available throughout the day to answer any queries you or your child has about the work that has been set.
- There is no difference between the work set in school and the work that is completed by pupils at home.
- Literacy and Numeracy lessons taught in each class are shared via Zoom so that every child has contact with their teacher on a daily basis. Children joining by Zoom will be expected to join in with the learning in class.
- Lessons will be shared via the class pages on the website and / or class dojo.
- Children at home and in school will be set a personal project to work on alongside the formal teaching. This could be a history, science, art or DT project. Additional work will be set for other subjects.
- Pupils will be encouraged to take part in PE activities from home.
In all subject areas, standards of teaching and learning will remain at the usual high standard. Pupils will be expected to submit work and teachers will mark and return it. Everyone at home and in school has worked incredibly hard throughout the Autumn Term to plug gaps in learning; pupils were making excellent progress. We do not want to let that slip!
Files to Download
Year 5 - Mr Davis: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5 - Mr Davis: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5 - Mr Davis: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 5 - Mr Davis: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display