Year 1 - Mrs Blackett 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 1
Our Class Teacher is Mrs Blackett and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Regan.
Despite the difficult year with school closures and bubbles we have still had lots of fun and produced some fantastic work. We are extremely proud of all of the children in Year 1.
Here are some examples of the super work the children have completed both at home and school.
We began the school year exploring the topic of 'Penguins, Possums and Pigs.' In Art and Design, the children enjoyed experimenting with a variety of media; pencils, crayons, pastels, charcoal to observe and draw shapes from observations. They were able to investigate tone and enjoyed using the watercolour paints. The children had great fun manipulating clay to make a sculpture of a penguin!
Remote education at St Lawrence CE Primary School
- Every member of staff is still working full time in school.
- Teachers and teaching assistants will be available throughout the day to answer any queries you or your child has about the work that has been set.
- There is no difference between the work set in school and the work that is completed by pupils at home.
- Literacy and Numeracy lessons taught in each class are shared via Zoom so that every child has contact with their teacher on a daily basis. Children joining by Zoom will be expected to join in with the learning in class.
- Lessons will be shared via the class pages on the website and / or class dojo.
- Children at home and in school will be set a personal project to work on alongside the formal teaching. This could be a history, science, art or DT project. Additional work will be set for other subjects.
- Pupils will be encouraged to take part in PE activities from home.
In all subject areas, standards of teaching and learning will remain at the usual high standard. Pupils will be expected to submit work and teachers will mark and return it. Everyone at home and in school has worked incredibly hard throughout the Autumn Term to plug gaps in learning; pupils were making excellent progress. We do not want to let that slip!
Our Class Teacher is Ms Blackett and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Regan
If you have trouble logging onto Education City or MyMaths, have lost your logins or need help and advice with anything else, please email me on: email@example.com
Below are some art and craft activities you can try.
Phonics play are also currently offering free membership for parents.
Phonics Play: http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
Free English units, including plans and resources to work through
Online access to all Maths topics
Practise number bonds and times tables
Tell the time
Lots of maths resources from the Lancashire Maths team
Plenty of maths games
ICT games: A fantastic selection of games to improve numeracy skills at different levels
Free Maths plan including resources and teaching packs
Free online tutorials and activities (you will need to use your password on the front of your homework folder to access this site)
Home Learning Packs
This resource pack includes plenty of resources for home learning
A fantastic website that lists ideas for family learning. Includes mathematics, spelling, and ideas for other subjects
A fantastic home learning pack that includes Maths, GPS, reading and other practical ideas
Online tutorials, activities, learn screens. Includes Maths, English, spelling and other subjects
Free science plans, resources and teaching packs
Free topic pack. Includes plans, resources and teaching packs for history, science, art, DT, drama
Files to Download
Year 1 - Mrs Blackett: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1 - Mrs Blackett: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 - Mrs Blackett: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1 - Mrs Blackett: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display